Table of Contents
- 1 Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Highlights
- 2 Diploma in Civil Engineering Eligibility
- 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering Syllabus
- 4 Diploma in Civil Engineering Suitability
- 5 Career
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a Diploma level 3-year course in engineering, construction, specializing in the design and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, like roads, dams, bridges, canals and buildings.
Civil Engineering course includes drafting (both manual and computer-aided), planning, construction technology, surveying, estimation & costing, basics of a highway, railway, bridge, airport, tunnel and harbour engineering.
Diploma in Civil Engineering also offers adequate exposure to reinforced concrete structures, material testing, quality control, construction management & entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures, building drawing, irrigation & bridge drawing, extensive survey, structural engineering drawing. Students also get exposure to software applications like STAAD and AUTOCAD.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Highlights
|Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Highlights|
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year-wise|
|Eligibility||10th with minimum 45% marks|
|Admission Process||Based on performance in the entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs annum|
Diploma in Civil Engineering Eligibility
- 10th pass with 45% marks
- 10+2 pass students
- ITI pass students can get admission in the second year.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Syllabus
|2.||Applied Mathematics I|
|7.||Computer Application for Engineering|
|1.||Elec. Elect. & Mech. Engg.|
|2.||Strength of Material|
|4.||Public Health Engg.|
|6.||Building const. & Maint. Engg|
|8.||Civil Engineering Drwg|
|1.||Design of Steel & Masonry Structure|
|2.||Design of Reinforced Conc- rate Structure|
|4.||Estimating, Costing & Valu.|
|5.||Construction Management, Accounts & Entrepreneurship Development|
|7.||Civil Engineering Drawing II|
|9.||Environmental Pollution & Control|
|11.||Civil Lab-III (RCC & Highway)|
Diploma in Civil Engineering Suitability
The course is suitable for those who have
- a creative and an innovative approach to solving problems.
- ability to analyze and interpret diverse, complex data.
- critical thinking skills.
- ability to evaluate designs, plans, and projects.
- aptitude for effective assessment and management of risk, resources, and time.
- advanced computer literacy.
- excellent numeracy ability.
- interpersonal sensitivity.
- persuasiveness and the ability to work as part of a team.
- good written and oral communication skills.
- awareness of ethical issues.
After Completing Diploma in Civil Engineering you can become
- Civil Engineer
- Land Surveyor
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant Field Inspector
- Construction Site Assistant Supervisor
- Assist. Faculty Member
- Executive Engineer
- Project Engineer Co-ordinator
- Quality Control Engineer
- Chief Engineer
- Division Head
- Project Manager
- Senior Engineer
- Supervisory Engineer
- Professor and Teachers
- Independent Consultants
- Director of Public Works and Etc.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Emaar Properties
- Marais Contracting
- European Contracting
- Ralls Contracting
- Black Cat Engineering
- Sedrat Al Khaleej
- MedGulfPunj Lloyds Ltd
- White Young
- Shapoorji and Pallonji
- Al Jadeed
- Double Crown
- Specialized Contracting
- Unicon Development Constructions
- PAC Constructions
- CAS Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- AAROHAN CLASSES, Ascent Consulting
- Dhitech Consultancy Services
- Nucleus Premium Properties Private Limited
- Rama Group and etc.
Top Recruiting Areas
- Colleges & universities
- Civil & Interior (Projects)
- Water Resources (Public Infrastructure)
- Engineering Transportation
- Tunnel Engineering
- Constructer Companies
- Roadway Engineering
- Land Development/Site Design, and Etc.
|Job Position||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Assistant Manager||4-6 lacs|
|Field Inspectors||1-4 lacs|
|Quality Control Engineer||2-5 lacs|